The BT551 START-STOP is an easy-to-use highly precise professional battery tester with an integrated printer. Multifunction device, it can perform 3 types of tests :
– 6-12V battery (tests voltage & charge state, cold cranking Amps & battery health etc)
– 12-24V starter motor (tests starting voltage – cranking voltage test)
– 12-24V alternator circuit (tests no load voltage and charging voltage as well as current undulation (ripple) during the charge)
Test 3 lead-acid battery types from 7 to 230 Ah :
· Sealed batteries VRLA/GEL/AGM FLAT/AGM SPIRAL & CAL/CAL
· Non sealed batteries SLI
· START / STOP batteries (AGM & EFB)
Tolerance : CCA < ± 5% Voltage ± 0,05%
Special feature to test the battery’s internal resistance.
- SAE : 40 to 2000 CCA
- DIN : 25 to 1300 CCA
- IEC : 30 to 1500 CCA
- EN : 40 to 2100 CCA
- JIS : depending on Japanese battery type number
Highly precise thanks to its dynamic resistance measuring technology that minimises battery discharge and displays a reliable result not skewed by :
· surface charge
· parasitic load (lights, various indicators, etc)
· contact defaults (battery terminal corrosion/oxidation, loose terminals, etc)
Can test a battery out of the vehicle or in-situ.
Tests deeply discharged batteries from 1.5 V.
Protected against polarity reversal.
· Battery voltage (1.5V to 30V)
· Available starting power (real or in %)
· Charge state and battery health (%)
· Adjustable backlighting